Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bring on the Snow

The boys got new sleds from Santa this year for Christmas, so for their Christmas break we put them to good use. It snowed so much and it was so cold that we were able to find some really good places to go why their dad was at work.

Tan had a hard time staying on his sled and got frusturated. Next thing I know he was standing up on it using it like a snow board. He did suprisingly better going down like that.
Pk decided that one of their old sleds was faster so he resorted to using his old one instead.

Lex who was freezing that day. But she is my little daredevil and wanted to go down every bump that she could find. She flew off more than once, but that didn't stop her. Yes, she had a hat but she got going so fast down the hills that it kept flying off.

I made Pk go down with her when she got too daring. I think Pk secretly had more fun this way because they went down so fast I could hear them laughing the whole way down.
Tan still trying to get the hang of his sled.

Walking up the hill for the 10th time.

Tan decided that it would be fun to hang on to the back of Lex's sled as she went down.
We had a lot of fun using the sleds during the break. We went with my whole family where I saw my parents go sledding for the first time ever!! And when it snowed a ton one day and they hadn't plowed our street yet, the boys hiked up to the very top of the street and sled the whole way down. Me and my sisters used to do this when we were teenagers and it was hysterical to watch the boys go down. I swear they were going at least 20 miles an hour the whole way down. So there are advantages to living on a hill. We hope to get many more uses out of their sleds this winter. And maybe by the end Tan can get the hang of his sled!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your kids are awesome! I have to say Lexie is far more brave than Rylie and she actually looks more like me than Rylie. Should we switch?

Jason and Jen said...

I love the pic of PK holding Lexi's hand...so cute! Looks like lots of fun!

We Are A Happy Family said...

How fun! Sadly our sled has sat unused in the garage due to no snow. We have only had a total of 11 inches. Last year we were well over 80.
Have a great time sleding.