Thursday, November 13, 2008

You're not 30?

Have I ever mentioned that I am not a big fan of my birthday? I kind of don't like getting older, and I think they are a little depressing. Well, my birthday is in the near future and this nice person came to drop of some cookies for me at the beginning of the week. Very thoughtful, and I really enjoy talking to her but I don't think we can be friends any longer!

We were talking about birthdays and how they are not fun once you get passed a certain age. You can no longer throw yourself birthday parties and you don't get to be the queen for the day at school anymore. And she happened to say, "Ya you know when you hit like 30 they get worse and worse right?" I kind of just blurted out, not very nicely, "I'm not 30!" She looks astonished for a minute and then goes, "You're not?" Now come on! There is nothing wrong with being 30, if that's how old you are. But when you are not 30 and people are acting surprised by that then I think there may be a problem.

I now have come to the realization that I look not only my age, but older than my age as well. I am at the age where my 7 year old makes fun of how old I am. I am at the age where my husband, who looks like he is 12, may soon look like my child. And after talking about all of this I think I feel a wrinkle on my face. This birthday may top the most depressing of all. Not only am I getting older, but apparently people are going to be surprised that I'm not older than I am! Can you imagine what I'll be like next year when I actually hit 30!!!

8 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

Michelle, you are so funny! you don't look 30 & chad does NOT look like your kid. She probably thought you were 30 cuz you have a 7 year old...what can I say - people say dumb things!

Angie said...

Haha! That was rude of her! I think you look like you are 24 and act like it too!!! Just Kidding, Happy Birthday:)

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL I am only 28 and people assume that I am 30 already just because of the size of my family. LOL. Well to me you dont look a day over 21 so :P on them. Just tell them that they look much older than you know than they are ;) LOL ok sorry. Not funny.

MJ said...

Shell, you really made me laugh today! I bet that girl is sooooo embarrassed!!! She must be 30 and so she thinks everyone with kids is 30.

I hope you have a great birthday!

Angie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO YOUNG!

We Are A Happy Family said...

MIchelle. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. Enjoy being not 30 for one more year. I don't see any wrinkles.

Ashley and Ryan said...

You are so funny!!! I love it!! And you do NOT look 30!!!!!!! Remember how shocked i was when i found out you had 3 KIDS!!!!!!!! I was in shock cuz you do not look old enough to have 3 kids!!!!! But you make me laugh!!! Love you!!!!

Earl & Girls said...

Happy Birthday. You definitely don't look 30 and people are just plain stupid. Hope you had a great day.