Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Phone Call

Yesterday it happened; I got the phone call that every parent dreads when they put their kids into school. The phone call from..... the teacher! This particular teacher called as soon as school got out and my immediate thought was that my child had gotten sick at school. NOPE! My sweet, lovable, melt you with one look Tanner was flipping people off at school. She told me what happened and explained that the only reason she was calling was to let me know that Tan was upset. So I hurried and called Chad to ask him what the punishment was going to be. After his shock, he said that crying in front of your kindergarten class was punishment enough for the kid. That is a typical boy response. Well, I was going to take care of this and I was all set to get mad, and then he stepped off the bus. One look at his face and I felt so bad for him. His eyes were red and puffy and he was trying to pretend that nothing was wrong.

As soon as I took him into his room to talk to him the tears started all over again. His story was he was flipping himself off. HUH? How and why do you flip yourself off? Do you get satisfaction from flipping yourself off as you would say someone who was bugging you? I will never know because I could not ask the questions. I had to send him on his way before I laughed at the situation. I always thought that I would get the teacher call because my children were amazing and they just had to call to tell me! Instead my child goes around flipping himself off. I guess it could have been worse and he could have been flipping his teacher off. Thank goodness for small blessings!

5 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

Too funny Michelle. Sometimes we can definitely punsh ourselves more than anyone else.

Angie said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week! I can picture Tanner thinking it was so funny while he was doing that!

Scott Fam Dam said...

"flipping himself off?" Michelle are you really going to buy that? I think this is one smart boy who knows just what to say to get out of a stinky situation!

Brad said...

I will teach the boy how to do it right...

Jason and Jen said...

That is hilarious...I can say that cause it wasn't my own kid!