Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Broken Heart

This past weekend we went to Mesquite for a little vacation with my family. The condo that we stayed in didn't allow pets, so we had to board our dog Lucky. This was very hard on the kids for some reason. Yes, I felt bad having to leave her, but I was more excited about the break I was going to get from her.

As we were walking her into the Vet's, Tan looked at me and said, "Mom I have a crack in my heart." I asked why trying not to laugh because he was so serious. He replied, "My heart is breaking that we have to leave Lucky." Well that makes perfect sense. Of course your heart will have a crack if it's breaking, so I told him to give Lucky a big hug so that his heart can feel better.

Three days later we went to pick her up. As we were walking in the exact same spot as before Tan looked at me and said, "Mom, my heart is turning from black to red. It's not broken anymore." So there you have it. If you love your pet enough, your heart will crack when you leave it, and may even turn black, but you can always pick them up and heal your heart right back up.

Thank you Lucky for always making our hearts feel good no matter what you do!




6 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

That is so sweet. Glad you shared.

Lesley said...

Ahhh, how cute! My poor dog would love the break from the terror of my 3 1/2 year old! And I would love the break from the dog too!

Angie said...

Oh I even missed Lucky too. She is a cute dog so I can see why they miss her. Does Tanner ever say that when I leave??

We Are A Happy Family said...

How cute. i am glad his heart healed. How was your break?

MJ said...

That is the cutest story! Next time you can leave Lucky at my house. As long as she isn't allergic to cats. (he he)

Unknown said...

Michelle, you have the cutest blog and I love all the new pictures. I have never seen the dog, he is so cute. I want one but Ron won't let me have one. Love you Pam