Thursday, February 5, 2009

Potty Mouth

We have a problem in our house. We use bad words all the time. Me and Chad say them to each other, we say them to the kids, and they same them to everyone. In fact, my dad has requested that if we say these words upstairs we owe him a dollar.

What are these words you ask? Here goes: nerd, dork and duff. Yes, I know that these aren't the most loving words. I can't help myself though. They just come out and I can't stop myself. Sometimes I can think of no other word to describe what my children are at that moment. Sometimes I think they are nerds, and I think Chad is a big dork a lot of the times. I don't know how to stop.

And then I realized why I do this. My mother used to call me a butthead when I was little. Yes, you heard me, a butthead. She swears she would never say such a thing, but you can ask my sister's and they will agree. My brother has no recollection, but this is coming from a guy whose nickname growing up was "BG booger butt." So of course he wouldn't remember me being called butthead, he was to busy trying to shake off his own nickname.

Now I think I turned out semi-normal after all the abuse I had to endure.(HE HE). So I am hoping that my kids will turn out just fine with all the loving nicknames that they have to overcome. Let's face it: with me being their mother they are going to have to endure a lot more than some potty words I use to describe them. PK will always have to live down the other nickname he has: Parker Poopers!

9 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

You are so funny. I never was allowed to say those words. You had it easy with just names. My parents are deaf they are B L U N T!!! that is all I am going to say about that.
Keep me updated and hope you are going to post more. :D

Koreena said...

How funny! I wish those were the worst words I said. lol

Angie said...

That made me laugh so hard! They will also have to overcome their farting and burping they think is so funny! Very funny post:)

We Are A Happy Family said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh. I hope that your kids turn out normal. I am sure they will.

Brad said...

I can't believe you went public with 'BG Booger Butt!' And, for what it's worth, your brother will always kick your #$% @%#$ **&$&#&(#* @#!! when it comes to potty mouths. That comes from growing up as BG Booger Butt. I'll blame mom for that, too...heh

Lesley said...

I love this post! How funny is your mom? I love the nick names she called you guys, and the ones you call your kids are priceless! Ha ha ha

Becky said...

I absolutely refuse to believe I called you a butthead. I did not and would not call you a butthead. So stop telling the world that you little fart face.

Scott Fam Dam said...

You are freakin' hilarious! I love Parker Poopers! Boobers was a curse for Angie, so you never know Shell. You call them nerds and they just might be that! I call my kids terds, what will they turn out to be? Look at the language our parents taught us!!! I find it hard to believe that Dad is the one who is tired of the name calling!

Sarah and Bill Burke said...

I totally recall the name calling at your house and I am pretty sure I remember your mom calling you a butthead....or maybe you calling someone else that. :)