Monday, April 20, 2009

What happens in Vegas......

You know the saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?" I found out how true that is this weekend. Chad and I went to Vegas for our anniversary, which isn't for two more weeks. This weekend was the only time we could go, and we had so much fun! We went there on our honeymoon, so it was fun to go back and see how much it has changed.

It was so much fun to go without kids. I know that sounds terrible, but we have not been anywhere just the two of us in 6 years. We got to sleep in and walk where we wanted to, and take our time at the places we were at. We got to ride roller coasters and eat at some fun places.

I missed my kids and was so excited to see them. As soon as we get in the car I hear Lex saying "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom!" I hear Pk in the back telling Lex to be quiet. I look back at Tan who I think went to his happy place, because he was staring out the window. So when they say, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", I think they were talking about my relaxation and quiet. It's gone! It's still in Vegas and I think I'm going to have to go back next year to find it.

We went to Siegfried and Roys garden and saw a Dolphin close up. It was so cool.
This is Chad after 16, yes I said 16 cups of coke! We went to the Coke factory, which is Chad's dream. He wanted to try coke from all around the world and this is the tray he got.

Chad got very sick after this, I wonder why? He was so happy when he brought the tray to the table, and was so pale around the 10th cup. But he kept going. This older couple sitting by us were amazed that he was doing this all by himself. Other tables were sharing this tray between 5 people.

Chad at his most favorite place in the world!

My favorite place in the whole world!!!

My first taxi ride. We were so tired that we decided to take a taxi. I got SOOO car sick. It was hot and the taxi smelled TERRIBLE!

Me and Chad on one of the roller coasters!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm glad you got away from your kids for a few days. I've never been to Vegas. Sam and I have done that a couple times...it's always SO NICE to relax and take a break from being parents. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Two years ago, I took Sam down to the Grand Canyon and we stayed at the resort that I worked at the summer (right after Sam and I met). Sam and I wrote letters and called eachother on the phone. It was great!

Lisa said...

i hope my other comment on this post makes sense.

Koreena said...

Schnikes that's a lot of coke! lol

How fun for you guys to get away!

We Are A Happy Family said...

I am so glad that you got away. Yeah for you. I would love a break. Especially after this weekend, Lee went to Boise and i endured stake conference by myself with 3 restless kids.

The Serna Family said...

Michelle You are so pretty! I'm glad you had a good time without your kiddies and for your anniversary! I know the feeling of not going anywhere without them, it's been 8 years for us ;o). Art would love to try all that coke too!

nora.lakehurst said...

How fun! I bet you had a blast. And HELLO was he up all night. What was his favorite one? Sorry asking Q and ending with a Period.

Angie said...

Sounds like a good time. I am glad that you were able to go without your kids. I am glad that all my recommendations worked out for ya. I am an expert at that place:)

Jason and Jen said...

I am so jealous! That is so cool that you got to go on a trip without kids. By the way, I love your new pictures on the side of your blog. The one of you and Chad is so cute!

Annie said...

I have been to the Coke place, it's so much fun. I'm glad it was fun. The pictures are great!

Earl & Girls said...

Good for you to get some time by yourselves. It makes it so much better to go back to the kids. I'm glad you had a good time.

Scott Fam Dam said...

You look scared to death to ride that coaster. But knowing you, you weren't scared at all! I love that Chad drank all that coke. Most binges like that would make him give it up forever, but not Chad!