Friday, May 8, 2009

My Favorite Sound

I have a favorite sound. When I hear this sound it puts a big smile on my face, and it can lighten my mood instantly. It's the sound of a baby's diaper as they run. I love the squishing and scrunching sound it makes as there short little legs try to run as fast as they can. I love how the diaper pads their little bum and makes it seem larger than it is.

I am going to miss this sound. For a couple of weeks Lex has been potty trained, and while I am so proud of her, I can't help but feel a little sadness. I love the baby/ toddler, age and now I have a "big girl." I bought her 4 new princess shoes when she potty trained and I have never seen a little girl look at her feet more. Just to see how pretty the shoes are as she walks. So while this is a great milestone in her life, I think it's going to take me awhile to feel all the joy that comes with it.


5 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Aw your little girl all grown up. I hope Danni soon will potty train also. I love that squishy sound too. So you are not alone.

Shaunna said...

I can't believe she is potty trained, I guess our babies are growing up. She looks so cute in that picture.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Yeah for you. What an acccomplishment.

Lesley said...

I love this post! Childhood is so fleeting, you just have to take in all in. Dont you wish you had a jar that you could save all those sounds and feelings in, and visit it when you are sad?

Scott Fam Dam said...

Okay so she looks just like me. Agree, so I can at least have some child look like me, even if it isn't my own.