Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stuart Falls Hike

The other day something really strange happened. I thought I might die. I thought I was going to die a slow and very painful death. One that would land in the record books for being the worst death ever. Why? Because I took 8 children hiking up to Stuart Falls. My lovely sister had the "bright" idea that while she was in town she wanted to take her children up to Stuart Falls. Me, being the genius that I am, said that I wanted to come.

We rode the Sundance tram up to the start of the hike. I thought that once you got to the top of the tram all you had to do was step off and you would be at the fall. Little did I know that you had to hike a mile and a half to get to the fall. Then it was another mile and a half to get back down. It took us 4 hours to do 3 miles. Not bad.

Right at the beginning of the hike everyone was all smiles.

This is how Chad and my brother-in-law looked the entire time. It was not smart to bring any child 5 and under. At least it wasn't me that had to carry her! We wouldn't have made it down alive.
Most of the group. I think we were probably still happy at this point.

At the falls. I think they were really excited to have the little girls off their shoulders.
Tan exploring. He was the best hiker. He didn't complain once even when he was really tired. So he got a special treat from his Papa when we got back to the cabin.
Lex so excited because she finally got to get down and explore. She was so hot too.

Pk trying to get his face as wet as he could because he was "So Hot!"

Cute, very tired, hungry boys.
The falls! It was well worth it as soon as we got there because the fall is gorgeous!

This was at the end of the hike when no one was very happy. They were starving, and had to go to the bathroom.


Lex looking at some rocks that she had found.

Lex and Chad. They were best buds after this hike because she got to spend some quality time on dad's shoulders.

We were so tired that I don't think we could smile.

On the tram to go up to the start of the hike.
It was very long, but it really was a lot of fun. I think next time I wouldn't do it when it's 100 degrees outside. And I would definetly leave Lex at home. Then again if I did that I would have no one to blame for it taking so long.

5 comments:

Skeeg said...

you are brave! I havent been up there for so long. Looks beautiful.

Skeeg said...

Ummm skeeg is acutally lesley. Sorry using my husband account!

Ashley and Ryan said...

Once again you made me laugh as ALWAYS!! You crack me up!! I am glad you made it down alive! I have never hiked up there and have always wanted to but now that you have scared me straight I dont think ill be doing it! ;) Your lil fam is so cute!!!! Miss you guys!

We Are A Happy Family said...

Thanks for the pictures. I have never been there. It looks like fun.

James and Cassidee said...

I absolutley love that hike. But you know that really really steep part thats all rocky. I hate that part so bad and I always get so mad when we are coming back up and I have to go up that. Glad you had fun!