Sunday, December 12, 2010

Medical Emergency

Before you get all concerned thinking that we had a very serious problem let me explain:
The day after I had my baby the Dr. came in to feel my belly. He was touching my belly button and told me that I now have a hernia from being pregnant with her. My thought was, "Oh goody just another thing to add to the ever growing list of things I am going to have to fix to put myself back together!" Then I didn't give it another thought.

A couple of days ago I noticed that my belly button was kind of hurting every time I would bend a certain way, or touch it. So I casually asked my mother what it could be. I then let her feel my belly button to see if it felt funny. Well the look on her face said it all. I thought that I was in for some serious trouble and that I was going to have to be rushed to the emergency room! She slowly looked up at me and said, "Oh honey I wouldn't worry about your belly button. It's the size of your stomach that has me concerned! You should ask your Dr. about that!"

Huh? Well I knew that my belly was big but I didn't think it was so big that it required medical attention. And I know that the only thing my Dr. would say is, "Well Michelle you could lose a couple of pounds and that might get rid of it." I think that my mom must have forgotten that I gave birth four months ago, or the fact that this is my 4th c-section!

So for now there is no reason to be concerned about my hernia. Instead I think I will stay awake at night worrying that the size of my belly is causing my mom some serious stress! I guess I should be grateful that she brought this medical emergency to my attention. After all, it is the size of your belly that matters most of all!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, you get this post off right now!