Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family Night

So in the Christensen household playing games is quite a chore. We start with good intentions and by the end of the game at least one is in tears and two are so angry that no amount of teasing can change the mood. Here is one example.

We decided that we were going to play this game that the kids got for Christmas. It's pictionary for the Wii. We had never played it before so we thought that this would be a great time to test it out. Started out fine but here was my first mistake: Putting Chad and Pk on the same team. I got Tan and Lex, thinking that I was at a disadvantage because I got a 4 yr old on my team. Not so!!

First clue Pk starts drawing. The answer was treasure chest. He draws it and waits for Chad to answer. Chad guesses everything you can think of and starts to get a little mad. "Come on Pk draw something else! What the crap! I have no idea what that is. KEEP DRAWING! Oh whatever, I give up!" All the while me and Tan are looking at each other and laughing while Pk is now totally mad at Chad. (Which in my opinion he had every right to be).

Our turn, Tan gets a mailbox. 5 seconds into it Lex yells mailbox!! Score!! This is how the rest of the game goes. PK yelling at Chad, Chad yelling at Pk, me and Tan getting clues like square, Chad getting mad that we got a clue like square, Chad telling us the game was rigged, Pk crying everytime we get another point, Pk crying everytime they lose another point, me laughing at how ridiculous Chad and Pk are, me secretly cheering that we are kicking their butts because of the way they are behaving, Chad and Pk threatening to quit the game, Tan rocking every clue he draws, me laughing some more, Lex getting bored, Chad telling Pk to draw better, Pk telling Chad to draw better, me laughing, Pk telling Chad he never wants to play on Chad's team again, Chad telling Pk he never wants to be on his team again, me calling both of them babies, Tan laughing, and finally Pk crying, Chad pissed, me laughing, Tan gloating, and Lex oblivious to what went on.

Needless to say we probably won't be playing pictionary in our near future. But if we do I am totally putting Tan and Lex on my team!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Love this story Shell! So like my family...always good intention and always total chaos. You are hilarious!

We Are A Happy Family said...

I laughed so hard at this post. You guys are a wonderful, normal family.

Scott Fam Dam said...

Oh that totally makes me laugh because I can see it all so clearly. Chad and Parker are so stinking competitive. Although they both held it together well during our summer ultimate frisbee games. I think it is because I was on Parker's team and he instantly knew he was going to lose and he accepted it anyway.