Friday, February 4, 2011

Vitamins

One day I thought that I would be really frugal and buy my childrens vitamins at Costco. They only kind they had were the Flintstone kind so I thought that we would give them a try.

Every single one of my kids hates them. They think they are sour and most mornings I catch the kids dry heaving when they start to chew them. But I never saw Lex do that. I thought she was my only angel quietly putting them in her mouth and eating them like a good little girl should do.

Wrong!! I was cleaning her room today and noticed a piece of paper behind her dresser. I went to pick it up and what did I see? About 8 or 9 un-eaten vitamins hiding behind her dresser! I tried not to laugh as I called her into the room. I asked her what those were and she immediately burst into tears. I told her that she wasn't in trouble but that made her cry worse. So I knew she felt guilty. I made her pick them up and put them in the trash and she thought she would never have to eat them again.

Wrong again! This morning I made her sit down at the table while she cried and cried and dry heaved. You may think that I am mean, but I bought those things at Costco. So you know the size of that bottle and I am not wasting those! So until they are gone, my kids are going to have to dry heave every morning!

5 comments:

Koreena said...

You know, I'm pretty sure you can take them back even if they're opened as long as there are about 1/2 left. I can't remember how much has to be left, but I know my friend has taken back grapes after they had a bunch and diapers after she tried a brand for a while that she didn't like. If the kids really hate them, it may be worth at least trying to return them. I love Costco just for their return policy. :)

Hmachine said...

poor kids. . . LOL I've tried them too. BLAH!! You can disolve them in juice??? It does make me laugh that she was hiding them..... :)

Lesley said...

Gummy vites are the way to go. They have them at Costco too. take back your bottle of barf's and get the gummy ones. They will love them and beg for another!

Angie said...

Haha that is so funny! Your kids and their gag reflexes are awesome. I wonder who they get that dramatic heaving from? Their mom maybe? Haha

Ashley and Ryan said...

Costco takes anything back to take em back and get the gummy vitamins!! So funny!