Saturday, December 6, 2008

Friday Nights

On Friday nights we have a tradition in our family. We pull out all the mattresses, blankets, pillows, and we have a camp-out. We put on a movie, pop some popcorn, and go to sleep when everyone gets tired. I love it because I get to have all of my kids in one room. The kids love it because they get to stay up late, and eat junk. Chad hasn't quite learned to love it yet!


Me and Lex ready for our fun filled night.
Mom and the boys. I'm getting a little tired, but I made it a goal to stay up later than the kids.

Chad wishing that he was in his happy place. He tends to go there a lot in his mind.

The kids watching their movie, and Lucky wishing that she could eat the popcorn. She was waiting for one of them to drop a piece.

These were the last happy memories from the night.
Tanner jumping on the mattress, which we don't allow because some little kid, not naming names, gets hurt a lot when he is doing this!

Tanner in time out because of the jumping on the mattress incident.


Parker and Lexie sharing a nice bowl of popcorn.

Lexie deciding that she didn't want to share anymore and tried to get away with taking the whole bowl for herself.

Lexie crying because Parker found her and she had to share the bowl again.

I found Chad in the pitch black in one of the bedrooms, talking on the phone. He was trying to hide from all the kids, but he can't hide from me! I dragged him back out there to help.
Why do we do this? Because the kids won't let us forget, and because we keep hoping that one of these times we may actually make it throught the night with no crying or fighting. Good luck to us!










4 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

Looks like fun...your kids will always remember it! I know what you mean about the kids fighting-you try to do something for them and they have to ruin it!

Koreena said...

That's so good of you to keep trying. I'd be sorely tempted to give up, but you're making memories they'll cherish someday. And they'll all laugh when you bring out that picture of two of them fighting over the popcorn bowl. :)

Scott Fam Dam said...

That is hilarious. I love that little Lexie! You guys are so brave to do that, bedtime is my time and I am not about to sacrifice it! You're a good mommy!

We Are A Happy Family said...

What a great tradition. Good luck to you. I would definitely be asleep before the kids.