Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh come On!

I discovered something this morning that I knew was happening, I just didn't know to what extent. I was making the kids breakfast and I turned around to discover that Pk was taking a piece of toast and then walking in to the family room to sit in front of the TV. I have noticed him and Tan doing this before, but I have never really stopped it because I was too rushed to worry about it. Since I wasn't able to start school this semester I thought now is the time to change a couple of things that have been pushed aside.

So I stopped what I was doing and declared to everyone that this week is going to be a NO TV WEEK! This not only includes TV shows and movies, I told them that it also includes the Wii. Their reply? "Oh come on!"

I'm tired of my kids waking up at 6:30 in the morning to watch it. Then they come home from school and immediately turn it on. I also have a two year old little girl who is addicted to I Carly. For those of you who do not know what that show is, lets just say a two year old should not be watching it, let alone have the shows memorized. It's going to make this week a very long and dreadful week, but hopefully we may be able to get rid of some of our bad habits.

And what the kids don't know is that I'm sure the TV will be on when Lex is asleep and they are at school. And I'm most definetly not going to give up my primetime shows once I put the kids to bed. I at least have to make this week bearable some how. And besides, maybe the kids will learn a lesson about to much TV. They just don't have to know about my addiction to it!

10 comments:

Koreena said...

Wow! Good luck! I don't know that I could be so brave. We seriously only survive the day because of Matty watching TV and movies. I'm sure that's bad but it's the truth. You're a great mom!

Angie said...

Wow Michelle! That is a big plan. I may need to tell Parker and Tanner what is really going on when they are asleep:) Good luck!

Earl & Girls said...

I'm impressed. I need to do a better job with my girls, too. Keep it up, I'm sure it will be worth it.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Sounds like a great goal. Good Luck! We sure miss you. Wish that we could plan a playdate to help pass the time. Hold strong.

nora.lakehurst said...

Good luck. We have no TV. So I will pray for you its hard for those first few days. you can do it

Unknown said...

Not the Wii too! Man, this is going to be a long week.

Jason and Jen said...

You're insane! Good luck and have a nice week!

MJ said...

You are so awesome! I get that "Oh Come On!" reply from my kids a lot too. Maybe I need to follow your lead and have a no TV week at our house! Thanks for sharing!

We Are A Happy Family said...

I would love to hear a report of your week. I hope that it has gone well. Lots of love!

Scott Fam Dam said...

Your a better mom than me! It would require way too much energy for me!:)