Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful

Lately it seems that I have been a little depressed. I always get like this towards the middle of the winter. I call it my "winter blues". We spend to many days stuck inside, which leads to more kids fighting. I have also realized that when I am stuck inside I think more negatively about everything going on in my life. I always think about what I don't have, instead of what I do. My friend Kristina has written on her blog all the things that she is grateful for so I thought to get me out of my winter blues I am going to do the same; so her goes.

I am grateful for Chad having a job. He recently got a new one, and I can see how much happier he is. He no longer has to get up at 3:30 in the morning, which means he can now stay up past 8! WOO HOO! Now it is me who usually goes to bed before him.

I am grateful for my parents. We have been living with them for a year now, (Happy Anniversary mom and dad)! This wasn't initially the plan, but due to unforseen circumstances we are here longer. They have never once pressured us to move, or told me they are tired of us, (even though I can see an occasional eye roll dad), and that makes me so grateful. My children have grown closer to them, and I know that when we do move, Lex will be destroyed. She has 2 breaksfasts' in the morning. One on her own, one sitting on my mom's lap eating hers. She has 3 dinners, hers, my dad's and then my mom's. And Pk includes them in all his family stuff at school. He had to draw a picture of his family, and Papa and Grandma were included. Yesterday, Tan had art class and I asked him if I could take him. He told me no, Papa was going to take him. I asked him if I could take him just once, and he told me no again. "What would Papa do then mom?" I will always be grateful to my parents for letting us live here, and I hope my children will always remember how close they were to their grandparents.

I am grateful for my children. Yes, I do need to remind myself of this. They have been little buggers lately, being cooped up inside. But, what would I do without them? I love each one of them and they make me smile, laugh, cry, pull out my hair and yell like I've never heard myself yell. I love every minute of it.

5 comments:

Angie said...

And I am grateful for my sister Angie because she is so nice and awesome. She always takes me to see the latest chick flicks and we eat delicious milkshakes. Thanks Ang you are the best sister ever:) Haha! I hope you don't have the blues anymore.

nora.lakehurst said...

Great blog entry. I love it when people feel greatful. I think it makes us all less selfish and less likely to jump off anything.

We Are A Happy Family said...

You certainly have a lot to be thankful for. We are so blessed.

MJ said...

Shell,
I get the winter blues too. Thanks for sharing this post. If you ever need to get out of the house, call me! I'd love to have you and the kids come over!

Lesley said...

Ha! found your blog off of your face book! Now I we can really catch up! If you are interested my blog is skeegandlou.blogspot.com