Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Smartness part 2

Ok, so I have been in school for about two months now, and this past week was midterms. Now I did not know this until someone from my class happenend to mention how many tests she was going to be taking. Then I looked down at my syllabus, and the doom set in. I had yet to take a test, just the ever popular quizzes, and my heart started to race and my palms started to sweat. Then a thought occurred to me; where is the testing center in the first place?

With a very detailed map, which a girl in my class drew for me, I found it! It was really crowded and a lot bigger than I remembered. I walked in there with my student id and my number 2 pencil and loudly said my name and class. That's when I noticed a couple of people looking at me and the girl at the counter shaking their heads. So, I must have been more nervous than I thought because I didn't think I was that loud. Then I remembered that I am used to yelling at the top of my lungs to be heard, so I think I need to tone it down a little.

I started the test and began to feel very confident in myself, almost to the point of cocky. This was going to be so easy. I sailed through to number 25 and then got to number 26; I didn't understand the question so how was I going to answer it? I did what they tell you to do, which was process of elimination. But what they don't tell you is what you do after that, when you still have 2 possible answers? Then I remebered that they say when in doubt put C. Well, what if C isn't an option? This continued for the next 25 minutes, where I then decided to just put down an answer and leave. I got my score, (which is totally irrevelant), and went home defeated.

Next, I had to write 2 papers for another class and decided to send them to my very smart, annoyingly so, older brother to read. When you get a phone call that starts out, "Do you have a pencil ready", you know you're in trouble. 45 minutes later, I turned in some well written papers, so Brad I hope you get an A. Because they were pretty darn good!

6 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

I SO don't miss school! Good luck...your halfway done with the semester!

Brad said...

For the record, I'm not guaranteeing an A or anything, so, you know, don't blame me if it's less. hehehe

We Are A Happy Family said...

Good Luck Michelle . We are all rooting for you. You can do it.

Hmachine said...

WOW, I agree with jason and jen. . . DON'T miss school. Hang in there. I really didn't have a good relationship with the testing center. We definitely got on each other's nerves!!! :)

MJ said...

Do you think I can borrow your brother when I go back to school and have to write papers?

Scott Fam Dam said...

My question is how long did it take Brad to write the papers, and how much did he charge? Don't worry Shell, not only do I think you are smart, I think you are brave too!!!