Sunday, October 19, 2008

Parent's Trait's

When I was little I thought of all the trait's that I possessed and wondered which ones I would pass down to my children. I didn't have much that I wanted my children to have, but for some reason those are the ones they inherited.

In the first picture you see Parker and Chad, who no matter what they try in the athletic field, they accomplish it and are pretty good at whatever it is.


Chad getting on the skateboard, which he hasn't been on in years, and he picks up right where he left off. Kind of not fair!
Then there is Parker. We made him lay down on it because he didn't have his pads or helmet on. But, he took off going full speed laughing the whole time.
Lexie, didn't want to be left out, got right on the skateboard and was pushing herself around and around.
Then, you have me and Tanner. We are one in the same when it comes to our coordination skills. Which means, that we have none. When you can trip going up stairs, and then continue to slide all the way back down, you might be lacking in your ability to even stand upright sometimes. Yes, I in fact tripped this past week while my children looked on laughing!
Tanner, who was so excited to be on his scooter on flat terrain. We live on a hill so we had to take them to the church parking lot so they wouldn't decide to see how fast they could make it down the hill.

Maybe 2 minutes later he had already fallen off his scooter and scraped up his whole arm. Tanner should probably be the poster child for why you wear helmets.
So after that he decided he was done with the scooter and he was going to try the skateboard. But as you can see, he is headed straight for Lexie's bike completely unaware that there is going to be a crash in his near future!
After his crash with the bike, he decided his safest bet would be to get on the little bike, because even if he fell, the damage would be minimal. I'm so sorry Tan that you had to inherit this. But hey, at least you also inherited my looks!! HE HE



4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL ok that was so funny. Most of my kids have my charm and good looks ;) No JK but seriously your kids are so cute. And Tanner will pick up some coordination soon or he will become a really awesome stunt man.
Keep on chuggin girl you ROCK!

Scott Fam Dam said...

Shell you are so stinkin funny! I love your posts. Harv and I cracked up the whole time we read this. We laughed so hard at the poster child for helmet bit! Wish we could have been there, I am interested to see how my kids would do on the skateboard. I cringed to think of Carson.

Koreena said...

Poor Tanner. I was always the accident-prone one in my family. You know how kids will be wrestling or something and the mom says, "Be careful or someone might get hurt." In my family it was always, "Be careful or Koreena will get hurt." Even when I wasn't one of the ones wrestling I could get hurt from it! LOL

We Are A Happy Family said...

Thanks for the laugh. Too funny. I am definitely the uncoordinated one too.