Monday, August 25, 2008

1ST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN

Tan starts kindergarten today and I have never seen a little boy more excited. He was up at six and he has not stopped asking when he gets to go to school. He was ready when we dropped his brother off and was devastated to learn he had to wait a couple more hours. And this is a little boy who I have been so nervous about starting. He is very quiet and shy and actually is ok to play by himself. I realized this morning that he doesn't mind all this. He doesn't care that he plays by himself, to him, he prefers it that way. So I may not need to worry about him in school after all. (Cross fingers)!

I'm going to miss him in the afternoons when it was just him and I. It might actually be a little lonely. Not lonely enough to stop giving Lexie naps, but just lonely enough to ache when I think of him in school, sitting at his little table, learning all his exciting new things. So, good luck Tanner I know that you are going to do great!




Isn't he adorable? Can you see why I am going to miss him?

4 comments:

Earl & Girls said...

I can't believe how big your kids are. Some days I wish that Nadya was ready to go to school. Enjoy the time to relax.
Rachel

We Are A Happy Family said...

Time is flying by so quickly. I can't believe it is kindergarten time already.
HAve a great time in school.

Koreena said...

He is adorable. Maybe you can get a nap now occasionally, too! :)

Scott Fam Dam said...

Go TanMan!!! You are awesome! Can't wait to hear all the details of your first day!