Wednesday, August 20, 2008

DOGGY DILEMMA

LUCKY (MY DILEMMA)


I first off want to start by saying that I really do love this dog. With that being said, does anyone want her? She is like having another child! She is frusturating, annoying, sweet and cuddly all at the same time. And now I am trying to house train her. We have had her for almost four months and I thought that I was doing pretty good. I am pretty good at being inconsistent, and letting her get away with things, and sometimes just not caring when she has an accident. Yes, I will clean it up, but that is the extent of it. But I decided that I was going to change and be better at punishing her, and being consistent with her. I was doing really well (I thought). The first day went great, the second day even better. And then the third day hit. She pooped 3 times in one room and while I was cleaning the mess up, I felt that my hand was becoming more and more wet. I look down to realize that the hand I am using to hold myself upright is laying in pee! Right then and there I came to a conclusion. I think that I am going to give up my new method and go back to being inconsistent. It seemed to work a lot better!




6 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

Such a CUTE dog! I know what you mean about it being like another kid!

Koreena said...

She's so CUTE!! Sorry potty training isn't going so well. I wish I had some advice for you, but I can't even toilet train my 3-year-old.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Good Luck!!!!!

Sarah and Bill Burke said...

Michelle it is so great to hear from you. I tried tracking you down a couple times with Christmas cards but they always kept being returned. :) Your family is so cute. You are staying incredibly busy. Good luck with everything you have going on. I am excited to be back in touch with you.

Scott Fam Dam said...

I can honestly say, I DO NOT want your dog! Good luck!

Strebel's said...

So if you still have your dog.. and it is not potty trained.. buy a kennel.. have them sleep in it.. and let it out first thing in the morning.. if it dosen't potty put it back.. if it pottys in the house make it go back in the kennel.. are dog would not potty train, tell we got her kennel and with in a week she was going out side every time..