Monday, August 18, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL BLUES

Parker got on the bus today and before he left he asked me if I would be waiting for him when he got off. This brought back so many fears that I had when I was going to school.

I would cry myself to sleep every year the night before school started. I was so worried that I wouldn't have anyone to eat lunch with, or have any friends at recess. And who was I going to sit by in class? Once I got to school I was fine, but I have realized that I now worry about these same things with my own children.

If you know Parker, you know that he is very sarcastic, playful, full of energy, and friendly. Yet, I still have the fear that he will eat lunch alone, play alone, or sit alone. I know that it probably won't be the case. I'm just sad that I won't get to be there to correct him when he does somthing wrong, or praise him when he does a good deed, or sit and smile as I watch his little mind work. I just now need to hope that I have raised him right (probably not), and wish that everything we have taught him up until now will stick with him.

So the answer is YES Parker I will be waiting at the bus stop for you with the biggest hug and hoping that maybe you might need one too.





4 comments:

Scott Fam Dam said...

Oh Shelly you are such a good mommy! I am counting down the days to boot mine out the door! I love Parker's smug little grin in the second photo. He looks so confident and ready to take it on! Can't wait to hear about how it all went.

Mom and Dad will be here in 1 hour!

Koreena said...

You make me want to cry just thinking about sending my kids off to school someday. I hope Parker had a good first day!

We Are A Happy Family said...

This was the furthest thing from my mind. It is going to be a hard day in 2 weeks. Right now we have so much to keep us busy.

laura said...

glad to find your blog! and hey, i still cry when chase goes to school. he's just my little buddy...can't wait for next summer already!