Monday, September 15, 2008

My Smartness

So I thought that I would give everyone a little update on my first month of school. Now, I have one class that the professor thinks that it is quite fun to give you reading assignments. Now, I know that when I say college, you expect there to be reading. But, the amount that he gives me is to some, a little insane.

So I started reading all the numerous pages that I was assigned. I did it as I was helping a six year old study his spelling words, trying to get a five year old to do his reading, and get my 2 year old to stop telling me how hungry she is. I know some of you might say that you should feed her if she is hungry, but she's telling me this as she is shoving handfuls of pretzel's into her mouth. Well, I eventually finished and I went to class pretty confident in myself. First thing the professor does is pull up a quiz! Now my heart started to race just a little because I haven't taken anything resembaling a quiz in 7 years. But there I sat in my desk taking this quiz with my number 2 pencil. I finished and felt proud that I had survived my first official quiz.

Then he said that we were going to score them right then and there. That was ok by me because I know that I did awesome. We began, and guess what? Number one, WRONG! Number two, WRONG! Number three, RIGHT! Number four and five were WRONG! I got one out of five right. You might think that I was embarrassed, but no not me. I politley asked the professor if this was going to be a big part of our grade. He laughed and said, Don't worry, unless you got, like, one right! Laughter throughout the class, and yes I laughed too so no one would know that I was the sorry person that got one right. Took another one Wed. got 5 out of ten. Hey, improved by four. Took the exact same quiz today as last time and got 7 right. YES!! So I must say, I am either getting way smarter, or I'm just learning how to guess a lot better!!

4 comments:

Scott Fam Dam said...

Oh Shelly, you made me laugh so hard. Let's either blame mom and dad, since it is their genes. Or we can blame Brad for taking all the smart ones by being the firstborn. Hang in there, it can only get better, it certaintly can't get worse!

nora.lakehurst said...

Keep it up! You are awesome. Now if it was I. Um I think I would have ran out of the room crying like a little girl. I HATE school. Now I want to take classes but if I have to test I am outta there. I am not good at them.
I have been tested myself and I serioiusly cannot take a test. Something in my human brain turns off and I panic and I start to hyperventalate (sorry about the spelling errors). Anyways keep going.

MJ said...

Hi, Shell,

Just so you know, any woman who can tackle helping her kids with their homework while getting her own reading done at the same time is a supermom!

Don't stress too much over the quiz scores. It takes time to adjust to a new teacher. And you can bet that a lot of the other people in class were laughing while covering their papers so nobody saw that they only got only 1 right too.
xoMJ

We Are A Happy Family said...

You'll do great Michelle.