Monday, September 1, 2008

Rainy Days

We were wondering what to do on Labor Day, when we drove passed a park that had flooded with all the rain that we had received that day. The kids thought that this would be "So Cool" if we could stop and play in it. Since we had nothing else to do we decided to let them have at it.


Parker was "brave" enough to wade out into the middle of the pond. I think he regretted that decision as soon as he was out there.


Tanner's teeth would not stop chattering because he was so cold. They are not used to 60 degree weather!
Little Miss Dare Devil who immediately took off when she saw the water.
"The Pond"
The boys slowly walking to their fate
I made their dad get in their with them. I was the only smart person that stayed out. (I was also the only one wearing jeans and you all know what happens to jeans when they get wet. CLAUSTROPHOBIC!!)
Pk making sure that his sister wasn't going to fall. That or he was getting ready to shove her head and make her fall in. I choose to beleive the first. The second is what happened.
Tanner was screaming because he was so cold. He thought the louder he screamed the warmer he would get.
All in all it was a lot of fun. But next time I might want to remember to have towels waiting for them when they get out!

1 comment:

Scott Fam Dam said...

I guess England is good for something. It knows what to do with water when it falls! Lexie is so cute, I can see her going right for the water.