Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who do you look like?

A little over a week ago my older sister was still in town. The night before she left we were all having a discussion about what famous people we look like. We have always said that my younger sister looks like Drew Barrymore. I don't think this is a bad thing, but Angie swears that this is the worst thing that you can possibly say to her. Then we moved on to my sister Lindsay. I said that she looks like Kate Beckinsale or Sheryl Crow. She was very flattered with the Kate comparison, not so much about Sheryl Crow. Well then they moved on to me.

One of my sisters, which I won't name names because you already know who you are, looked at me and said, "You know everytime I look at you I kind of see..... Martha Stewart." WHAT THE CRAP??????? Who wants to be told that they resemble Martha Stewart? And how would this such person think that I would take this as a compliment. I waited and waited for the "I'm just kidding," but that never came, and in fact she was saying this with a straight face! And then this such person told me that this isn't meant to be a bad thing. They get mad about being called Drew Barrymore and Sheryl Crow, but Martha Stewart isn's so bad? Seriously?

Well she went on to clarify that what she meant was that I am a lot like Martha. Hmmm, let's see, I don't cook very well, I am not crafty AT ALL, and I don't have a lot of money to embezzle with. I'm not seeing the comparison very clear, but I would take Kate or Sheryl any day!

And yes, I still love you anyway!

7 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

Too funny!

nora.lakehurst said...

YOu are funny.

Jason and Jen said...

You don't look like Martha at all! I love reading your blog though-always something to make me laugh!

Angie said...

What rude sisters you have.......And You know what WE meant when saying Martha! That you are a homemaker and you are a fantastic cook. At least it is not Drew Barrymore....

James and Cassidee said...

I think Drew Barrymore is one hot lady! And I don't see Martha at all.

Annie said...

I totally agree with you. I don't see Martha at at all.

Scott Fam Dam said...

I meant you are a perfect homemaker like MArtha tries to portray at all times. I totally meant you are the Martha Stewart type that does the homemaking thing perfectly. You knew exactly what I meant you stinker! WHy didn't you mention the time I said you were so absolutely gorgeous??? HUH!